National Testing Agency releases the Eligibility Criteria for JEE Mains along with the official notification. Interested students are informed to check the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the entrance exam. They want to fulfil the eligibility details, otherwise, the candidature will be declined at any stage of the admission process. Students who will meet JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria will be qualified for the entrance examination. Students of JEE Main seeking admission to B.E/B. Tech programmes at the undergraduate level are suggested to go through the Eligibility Criteria for JEE Mains carefully. The eligibility criteria will consist of important details such as educational qualification, nationality, age limit, subjects in Class 12/10+2 and other mandatory details.
Important News - Last year, the conducting authority changed from CBSE to NTA, it is important for the students to know about the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2020 and there will be twice attempts.
Students will be considered to be qualified to participate in JEE Main 2020 based on the parameters given below.
|3||Number of Attempts||
Students should have to pass in the following exam to be qualified for the JEE Main 2020. Check detailed information given below.
Students who have passed the 12th class or any other equivalent examination in 2019 or 2020 will be qualified to appear in JEE Main 2020. Those who have passed the 12th class or equivalent examination in 2017 or before and those who will appear in 2021 or later will not be qualified to appear in JEE Main 2020. Students who have appeared for their 12th class in 2017, failed in 2017 but have appeared again in 2018 and passed are not qualified for JEE Main 2020.
The five subjects provided below are compulsory for the students who want to appear in the JEE Main 2020. They are considered as available only if they have at least 5 subjects in the 12th class or equivalent examination.
The state code belongs to the code of the state from where the students have passed 12th class or equivalent examination. Based on this, they will be qualified to participate in the JEE Main 2020 examination. They can check the State Codes from the table provided here.
|Code||Name of State/ Union Territory||Code||Name of State/ Union Territory|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||20||Madhya Pradesh|
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||27||Puducherry (UT)|
|9||Daman & Diu (UT)||28||Punjab|
|14||Himachal Pradesh||33||Uttar Pradesh|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||34||Uttarakhand|
|18||Kerala||98||Foreign/ OCI/ PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan|
NOTE: If a student passed 12th class or equivalent exam from a state but students have appeared for the improvement examination from a different state, then the state code of basically passed the qualifying exam will be considered for qualification.
The eligibility Information that will be considered during admission accessible below for the students who will not appear in the exam or filling the online application form.
IIITs/NITs/GFTIs Admission: Students should have got a minimum of 75% marks in 12th class or equivalent exam or they must be in the top 20 percentile in their 12th class examination. For SC/ST, the eligibility is to get a minimum of 65% marks in 12th class or equivalent.
JEE Main 2020 B.Arch Admission: Students should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized education board with a minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM and 50% overall marks.
The term droppers can be divided into two categories. One is the students who have dropped a year after completing their 12th class to concentrate on JEE Main 2020 examination. Other one consists of those who got admitted to another college and wish to attempt again or did not pass JEE Main earlier and waited a year while preparation. Students require to check the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers to make sure that they will be capable to appear the entrance examination without any problems.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Droppers:
Improvement for five subjects - If a student appears for improvement in all subjects in 2020, then the highest of both the years will be considered.
Improvement for one or more subject - If the students appear for improvement exam in 2020, then the top 20 percentile of 2019 will be carried into account. The maximum marks obtained in the required subjects will be considered to calculate the aggregate percentage in such a case.
1. Qualifying Exam: Applying students must have passed their 10+2 level examinations or its equivalent from an approved education board or university.
2. Diploma Holders: Students who are holding the diploma can also apply for admission but only for IITs.
3. Qualifying Subjects: students in their 12th class must have passed with at least five compulsory subjects – Physics, Mathematics along with anyone from the Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.
4. Age Criterion: There is no age limit prescribed to apply for JEE Main 2020.
5. Total Attempts: There will be 2 attempt limit to apply for this exam.
6. Appearing Students: Candidates who are appearing for their 12th Class exams can also apply.
7. Year of Appearance: Students passing their 12th class exam in the year 2018 or 2019 are only eligible to apply. Also, those appearing in their 12th class in the year 2020 are also eligible to apply.
1. To get admission into IITs, NITs, CFTIs and other college, students have secure 75% marks in their 12th class exams.
2. On the basis of All India Rank of the students obtained in the exam, admission will be given.